ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme
The Development of ASEAN Youth Eco-Leaders through Volunteerism and Community Engagement
2-29 August 2015 , Cambodia
The ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (AYVP) is a youth community leadership programme that mobilises young volunteers to work with communities in developing innovative solutions to the social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges of the region, while forging a sense of ASEAN identity. On its second run on the theme of Environment, AYVP is replicating in Cambodia through a joint partnership between Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – The National University of Malaysia (UKM) and Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP).
This year’s programme is also supported by USAID, ASEAN Secretariat, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Malaysia, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Cambodia, and UN Volunteers. At the end of 1 month, the programme primarily seeks to develop ASEAN youth eco-leaders who will implement their own environment conservation projects in their respective communities.
Nationals of ASEAN countries, aged 18-30 years old (as of year 2015), fluent in the English language, passionate about the environment and serving communities in need, committed to implementing a project that can potentially benefit his/ her own community’s environment; preferably with experience/ training in water supply, rural development, sanitation and wastewater
Process of Selection
There are only 50 places for this programme. After the technical qualifying round, qualified applicants will undergo the first round of selection by the AYVP Secretariat. A second round of selection will be conducted by multi-stakeholders from UKM, RUPP, USAID, ASEAN Secretariat and the 10 Ministries of Youth across the region. The final round of selection will be a telephone interview.
The closing date of application will be midnight GMT, 31/03/15. The selection will be based on the merits of the individual. Only shortlisted volunteers will be notified. There will be online or phone interviews conducted for shortlisted candidates. The selected participants will be notified after 1/06/15.
NOTICE TO VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers will not be paid any allowance during the volunteering period. However, transport from country of origin, accommodation, food, travels during the project period and insurance will be covered by the organisers.
- Once selected, volunteers will be requested to deposit a refundable commitment fee of USD100 to secure their slot for the programme. This fee will be reimbursed at the end of the programme, upon completion of all tasks.
- Volunteers are expected to stay throughout the duration of the programme. If a volunteer leaves early or arrives late, the commitment fee will not be refunded.
- Volunteers are also required to always follow the host country’s laws and regulation. If the volunteer breaches laws and regulation of the host country, they will be automatically expelled from the programme and will be subjected to legal proceedings based on the laws and regulation of the host country.
- Volunteers are also required to obtain the necessary exemption and approval from their institutions/organisations (where applicable) before applying for this 4 week programme.
- Volunteers are expected to bring their own medication for their own illness which may include minor illnesses such as paracetamol (painkillers and the likes). The organizers will only provide such medication in cases of emergency and under dire situations.
- The organizers reserve the right to automatically reject the application or expel the volunteer from the programme upon confirmation that any information provided by the volunteers are not valid or untruthful.
- By submitting this application form, you have agreed to the above terms and will free the organization and its affiliates from any future indemnity claims.
- Please be informed that should you be selected, we would require a recommendation letter from your employer/lecturer/referee before proceeding with the final stage of the selection process, which is the interview
Sorry, but this form is no longer accepting submissions.